Tuesday, October 7, 2008


One of the things I really love about the vinyl designs is that they are temporary. I've decided I'm somewhat fickle when it comes to decor. I get a spark of creativity and start to lean to sophisticated, back to un-shabby chic (I just can't get used to junk covered with lace and wrinkled cotton, but I can get close!), to country/rustic, to Americana, to urban loft simplicity, and back again. What I have around my house is an ecclectic mix of things I've inherited, things I've purchased when I really shouldn't have, things I've purchased that make absolute sense, and things that we've compromised on because they served a purpose. Where I can get creative is what I put on the walls.

Vinyl designs are not the artwork that has a huge cost associated with framing and matting, and becomes something that I'm invested in for a number of years (try explaining to your significant other that after spending $200 on the perfect print that you've had framed, it just doesn't work anymore--believe me, you're stuck with it for years to come!). These designs are as permanent as you decide they should be. If you change your mind, go in a different direction, update a room's personality/theme, the design can be removed and a new one installed cheaply and with no mess. It's a decor trend that is fun, is affordable, and works with the ever-changing decor that comes along with a changing family dynamic.

Cheers!
Morgan

No comments: