Friday, January 2, 2009

December, Whew What a Ride!

December, whew what a ride! I feel like the whirlwind of activity can finally end and we can get back to a sense of normalcy. We handled a bunch of orders up to the holidays, and many of the custom orders have been set up as stock designs. On the home front, the Christmas stuff is still being put away, and I must admit that I get a little sad once everything is finally packed away. The room seems empty and the bleakness of the gray light in January doesn't help. I've been toying with several new designs lately that are perfect to chase away the January blahs, and to bolster those resolutions that are easy to forget over time.

My resolution is to post a blog more frequently as a way to promote Trading Phrases, but also as another way to 'talk' about some of the ideas and designs that float by us from time to time. The most frustrating part of the business is that the great ideas come in fast and furious, but there are only so many hours in the day, and running the business takes the lion's share of my time. I get less time to simply be creative, which is the fun part. Accounting, not so fun (apologies to all the CPA's out there).
Cheers!
Morgan

No comments: