Sunday, November 22, 2009

That's Fontastic!


A funny thing happens to people who start working for Trading Phrases. People start recognizing fonts, or at least start noticing if something would be easy to work with or would be (now how do they put that… oh yes, now I remember) pure swoopy font hell.



Those pretty scrolly, scripty fonts that I love working with make our production crew whisper mutinous oaths. Plain text (boring in my opinion) fonts make them practically giddy. And the cutting machines also have their own ‘issues’. Just try to cut Passions Conflict font without the machine skip a letter or two out of spite. Go ahead, I’ll wait.


I’m working on a compromise font for a lot of my designs lately. Poetica is a fairly plain font, with Roman alternative capitals that add a bit of flair. I still haven’t given up the swoopy scripts entirely; I’m just trying to mix things up. However, if you start seeing nothing but plain text designs in the coming months please send help—the crew will have probably will have me locked in the storeroom far from my precious scripty fonts!

1 comment:

biggi said...

Great and clear designs - very good looking!